Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bloggers Paradox

05 Apr 2007

Hasn't everybody who blogs ever felt the frustration creep in when he/she gets in a mood to write something and decides like - here it comes - my best piece of blogging ever ... and suddenly the moment u punch the laptop keys - Whoom Crash Bang - all ideas disappeared !!!

You have nothing or nobody to write about, crib or discuss. It feels as if what a mundane day it has been. You did this and that, and yet you cannot say what you did. Nothing really significant to write up or share. Even if you did, you might end up not publishing it, simply because you wouldnt consider it a work of art ...

I think i am just writing right now simply for the heck of it - just because i came in to write and nowi feel challenged right now. None of this makes sense; a few incoherent repetitive ramblings just to relax and not get bored. I might as well read some better blogs and spend time productively.

Who knows i might come across a good topic to think about and might just plagiarize it myself. I mean who really cares. Its not as if I am using romantic couplets written by others and passing them as my own to some girl. Though come to think about it - the idea ain't half that bad. But on second thoughts - naaa - i probably could conjure up a few lines myself for my loved one if need be. They might end up being stupid or even dumb to an extent - but the pleasure of creating art in any form has always given me joy - i cant dance, sing or play - and yet .. and yet - i simply try.

Sure, i mean it gets obscene at times, the way i just try and go cacophonic - I don't intend to set a phobia of music into the people next to me - but kind of inevitably it just happens. I believe when people say so modestly "they don't sing well". I think we should all stick to bathroom singing. Thats the one time when the shower wont complain. But that's another story - somewhere sometime someplace ...

And hey - look what happened - i thought i would manage to write something good - i thought Oh God what should i write - i thought and couldn't think - i wrote and couldn't write - and yet i manage to fill in a few lines here - abstract abject arbit. Seems like i am getting good in things i can't do. Now that my friend is what i truly call a paradox :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oye hoye.. welcome sir jee!

That feeling you wrote about.. the moment one starts writing... Lol so true..

The thing is by reading other blogs you come to compare your writing with theirs, hoping to churn out something as good/or bad :p as the other stuff..

Took me some time before I just finally started throwing whatever came to my head.. pretty much the same thing that mustve happened to you I suppose?

Tis cool! Encore encore :D

Unknown said...

or rather should is say welcome back after going thru or older entries :