Friday, April 06, 2007

What's In a Name ???

.................................................................................................................................................
Apr 06, 2007

My second blog entry in a day. This is what happens when i refuse to leave my laptop alone. And look what i have done now to my blog. Spruced it up ever so much with color that even designers from NIFT are going to get a heart attack. I also ended up reverting back to my nearly original nickname rather than a cryptic pseudonym i was writing under. A friend suggested in a very 'matter of factly' way that i put up my blog link on my g-talk status because she wasn't going to memorize it for the rest of her life. So, well, i decided - if that was going to be the case, some posts needed deleting and some names needed editing. And since charity begins at home, i demystify my name as well, even though most of my juniors still know me only as "medusabane" sir.

Incidentally, the title here happens to be a nemesis of sorts. It was the title of a white paper i wrote while working on a project in my office. It was also the topic of my extempore for the FMS interview. Having a unique name does invite such varied concoctions from people all around. I am a Greek to someone, an Iranian to another, but an alien to most !!
Truly speaking, its actually good i have such a name. Its quite an ice-breaker in most situations, and evilly speaking, i tend to cash in such situations. Not my fault. I just go with the flow.

The second part about adding colors to my blog was simply because i was restless and the preexisting templates were boring to say the least - "what to do sir, i am to be liking the scribe template but it not to be having the option of stretch". Well at least now i can campaign for Nerolac or Asian paints - zindagi rangeen bana de !! What this also does, is take away the attention from my pathetic writing skills and focus them on my pathetic coloring schemes. I read somewhere that most people will visit sites or read books that have more pictures and colors in them than small font cluttered text.

The only question that now remains is - how do i make the people actually read this ??
Cos in the end, i am still "Perky P" and not any "Juggy D" or "Jazzy B" ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

make the font color more jhintaaak ;)
try that golden color u once suggested to me :)

wow and ur blog looks neat..
u know ur getting me addicted to blogging...

i thght it was a random activity for me.. but now i feel it has to be randomly done once everyday

S said...

waah percy dude!!! i almost went blind (poor, old eyes arent used to these many colours) ;)....seems like ure having one of them rave parties going on on this blog...ultra cool!!! luhuuuvv it! :)

Sage said...

Ya man,

Your blog colors remind me of P Generation comps with all so bright blue, green and yellow text editors with black background